Onside 7v7 sessions will be 1.5 to 2 hour structured sessions, depending on the season. We want to keep things moving quickly so that you get a good workout and can make the most of your time and money.
Most sessions will include a:
- 15-20 minute guided warm up and stretch
- 15 minute challenging drills
- 1 hour game (25 minute halves)
- 5 minute cool down and stretch
In each session, you can expect:
- A Guided Warm Up: The Guided Warm Up will be led by an Onside team member. We'll take everyone through a warm up that will prepare us for playing, build and develop strength, and help prevent injuries.
- High-Intensity Drills: The High-Intensity Drills will be led by an Onside team member. We'll take everyone through drills that get us running, moving the ball, and practicing skills. By the end of the drills, players should have already had a good workout but should also feel ready for a game.
- A Game Plan: Each week we'll play a 1 hour game (two 25-minute halves). Before the game, each team will work through a game plan that includes positions, formation, and tactics. Each game is an opportunity to learn and practice something new. A team captain will be assigned each week to create and lead the game plan.